Re: magic

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 23:39:41 -0400

At 07:33 PM 04/13/2000 -0700, Roderick wrote:
>The Standard Improvisational Modifier (per Chapter 4 - Modifiers -
>Improvisational Modifiers) is -3. The Improv. Mod. can vary from -1 to -20
>depending on the Narrator's feeling on how "improvisational" the player is
>being. (Once you get to -20 Improv, you give it up as a bad try and chose
>another ability).

Thank you. Unfortunately, I still have some questions and a suggestion.

  1. Do you then advocate that the standard improvisational modifier is also the default improvisational modifier for feats (from affinities, for initiates)? This is not a trivial question. Previous answers indicated that -5 was the default.
  2. Your parenthetical statement does not appear in my copy of the rules.
  3. Both of these points should be in the errata/FAQ list if they have not been added to the book text.

Yours in trying to make Hero Wars clearer for novices and in trying to figure out how to run it canonically for novices at conventions,

Andy