Re: Rune Magic

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 17:33:34 +0100

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 17:12:10 +0100, Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_....com> wrote:

>Also, use the provided feat names as inspiration for feats to
>improvise (and perhaps cement later using a HP). For example, my
>Vingan now has 'Leap over Fissure'.

Because of the statement in ST that each feat is learned as a HQ, I now put a limit on this. You first have to prove a myth exists to provide a feat. That's a Mythology roll, suitably modified. Vinga has never been portrayed using a bow, for example, so Mile Arrow Shot would be a pretty obscure myth. Of course, if I particularly like a new feat, I'll skip this. Having made the roll, you may Improvise that feat. Sometime later, when you have time & opportunity to HQ (like on a holy day), you can cement it.

This has the side benefit of getting ambitious players to improve their character's Mythology ability!

Wulf