Re: Re: Rune Magic

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 18:34:33 +0100

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 17:17:59 -0000, "Jeff" <jeff.kyer_at_...> wrote:

>I prefer to allow Mythology to be useful in more direct ways - getting
>into the heroplane. Knowing a 'proper' method to defeat a foe.
>Preforming ceremonies correctly. Semi-useful stuff like that.
>
>I'd much rather have a player tell ME how he's justifying the new feat
>he's uncoveted rather than just rolling dice.

I may have stated it imprecisely, but I did say the player has to roll Mythology to prove he knows the MYTH, not the feat. He therefore has had to tell me the myth first. Depending on how likely it sounds, I assign Improv Mods to Mythology. As narrator, I will word the feat suitably to my taste.

Wulf