Re: Re: Followers

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 19:46:21 -0700

> In a combat if the followers are worse equipped than the Hero, does
> that change the edge given by weapons (or penalty -forget the correct
> term- given by armour) to AP transfers?

No. The effects the followers have (AP, penalty reductions) are independent of whether they are in the finest armor or naked.

> > Hope this helps,
>
> All the responses suggest that the gains in combat terms should be
> balanced very much in story terms - well treated followers are
> cheaper to run - badly treated followers might not follow you into
> battle and eventually not at all. This might be reflected by
> allowing less wealth increases (shared out) and perhaps Hero Point
> penalties for not acting true to your culture.
>
> I thought however that followers advanced automatically as the Hero
> did. I'll have to look at that again.

They do. You do not need to spend HP to increase the capabilities of your followers. (Of course, a Narrator ios free to impose further conditions on followers in rules, as opposed to story, terms).

RR