Re: Followers

From: Stephen McGinness <mcginnesss_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 00:47:08 -0000

"Jeff" wrote:
> And keeping followers healthy and hale takes wealth. Remember, you
> have to equip them, if you want them to have more than their basic
> keyword worth of gear.

I'm in Scotland and hundreds of miles from my rulebooks! I'm trying to figure out how this matters in game terms. In story terms I can see followers getting teed off when the Hero keeps himself in the best chain hauberk while they are making do with stitching the last scraps of their leather together again.

In a combat if the followers are worse equipped than the Hero, does that change the edge given by weapons (or penalty -forget the correct term- given by armour) to AP transfers?

> Hope this helps,

All the responses suggest that the gains in combat terms should be balanced very much in story terms - well treated followers are cheaper to run - badly treated followers might not follow you into battle and eventually not at all. This might be reflected by allowing less wealth increases (shared out) and perhaps Hero Point penalties for not acting true to your culture.

I thought however that followers advanced automatically as the Hero did. I'll have to look at that again.

> Jeff

Stephen