Re: Help I'm lost

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 18:32:18 -0000

Oddly enough, for all the discussion on this list I don't think there is a FAQ about the rules (as opposed to about the group).

Asking questions here will produce answers. Of course, frequently it will produce several answers, not all of which are apt to fully agree. However most of them will be incredibly coherent and well thought out, so if you end up with a spread of options they will all at least be well thought out and explained options.

The second edition of Hero Wars is supposed to be coming out sometime "soon." I forget if there has been an exact schedule given out, but I believe the intent was late this Summer, so hopefully we'll see it this fall. My understanding was that a lot of the intent of the second edition was to be clearer in many ways....minor rule fixing, better explanations, more useful examples, clearer layout, etc. They are also coming out with a "Hero's book" aimed at players (assuming the narrator has the core rules). A couple of copies of that could make your player's understanding much easier. I believe the hero's book was supposed to come out before HW2 originally, but I'm not sure if that is still the case, but either way they should come out at a similar time.

However you do it, good luck!

--Bryan