Re: God-Talker's "God"

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 11:35:45 -0500

Bryan asks:

>For example, a god-talker who follows the Finnovan the Raider sub-
>cult of the Orlanth-Adventurous aspect of Orlanth would have:
>a) initiate to Orlanth?
>b) Initiate to Orlanth adventurous?
>c) Initiate to Finnovan?

        I'd guess c), but with the reminder that you could improvise the other two with (not all that large penalties). Optimally, for a full initiation, you'd want a priest or god-talker (or a plain devotee in a pinch) representing all three aspects (and I suppose people to stand in for as many subcults as you could manage wouldn't hurt). Each would lead the section where they deal with the qualities of their aspect. "First I will tell you of Orlanth in his youth..." It's not like clan initiations are being done without a lot of planning. A young man's final initiation into his subcult is probably a more private matter. That would, preferably, involve a godi from that specific subcult (or again, a devotee in a pinch). That's my two cents.

Peter Larsen