Re: Tweaking augments/Increasing Wealth

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 18:51:33 +0100 (BST)

> It does need simplifying & speeding up, though. And you're still left
> having to figure out how much the 5 cows you just added to your herd
> were worth in the first place, before you try and augment the hero's
> Wealth... 1 cow is worth 20, but 5 cows shouldn't be worth 50.

Right, hence my Big Table idea. (It's still clumsy, but it'd be a crutch until you get a better intuition, or when all else fails...) I was thinking partly for the PoV of scenario writers, wanting to do this work in advance, and still making reference to the wealth mechanic, which at the moment is effectively impossible.

In this case the complexification of translating to and from "real" units of wealth, _and_ making a augment roll, _and_ a slightly more complex one than normal... It's not ideal, to say the least.

> Technically, each should be used to augment the other, but that could
> take a while...

Argh!