Re: Tweaking augments/Increasing Wealth

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:25:02 +0100

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001 18:51:33 +0100 (BST), Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...> wrote:

>Right, hence my Big Table idea. (It's still clumsy, but it'd
>be a crutch until you get a better intuition, or when all else
>fails...) I was thinking partly for the PoV of scenario writers,
>wanting to do this work in advance, and still making reference to the
>wealth mechanic, which at the moment is effectively impossible.

My simplification runs thus:

"cow" is worth 20. Each subsequent cow augments this at the default +2 (we allow a default of +1/10 rating)

Therefore, 3 cows = 26 to be used to augment

Similarly for any multiple items, take a base Wealth (the highest one if items vary) and add 1/10 the others.

Now, you suggest (Current Wealth + Augmentation Resistance)-20 vs New Wealth

I'm no longer sure about the -20. Against a common Heortling (Wealth 15), attempting to gain +4 Wealth from 3 cows (as the example in the rules) at full value would be 15W vs 6W. That's not actually too bad, for just 3 cows! Less ambitiously, a mere +1 would be just 20 vs 6W. It depends whether you want a lot of rich characters...

Wulf