Re: More on Wealth

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 16:47:10 -0000

I run a fairly casual game. Money and resources are 'easy come' easy go. Before we went on a 3 month hiatus, the entire group had been outlawed from their clan (willingly) and went off to found their own. Player wealth took a tumble -- no ring or bloodline support, which are the major underpinings of wealth.

But on the whole, I run a fairly casual game.

My reasoning? 1 cow = 15 wealth to buy. I'm quite happy to have the function of wealth being sorta logarthymic but a +3 for 1 HP quite reasonable. When players try to cement +5-6 wealth, Iget a bit twitchy. I'm much happier bartering them for other things rather than turning them into a permanent increase in their resources.

I do view Wealth as 'availble cash' and you've probably got a lot more out there (by liquidating it, your Wealth drops, remember)

Jeff