Re: That Praxian Animism

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 15:54:33 -0000

We tried this and we found it made the game slower as we're all stupid on our number facts in the middle of combat. We've been using 'high die wins' lately instead, just to be odd. (Those Pendragon habits die hard)

> Several people mentioned HW2 animism rules being significantly
> different, does anyone have any sneak preview details available to
> avoid our fledgling campaign getting Gregged so soon?!

I think GTA members have access to some of that info. Its not a matter of rules changes but a level of details -- more stuff to get rather than less or different rules.

> I think Alex's (Alex Ferguson? Surely not...) idea on Praxians being
> between Animism and Theism is interesting, they worship giants after
> all, but I'm still getting my head round how animism works for them
> never mind having to blend two unfamiliar systems!

Actually, anyone seen in the Heroplane or Otherworld from the mundane world seems to be a giant. I recall a 'Hall of Frozen Giants' up on Stormwalk mountain which is known as Heort's Hall on the Heroplane...

With the barrier between Prax and the Hero and Spirit Planes being so patchy, you get to see these "Giants" a bit more often than you might in Sartar... But that's just my opinion.

> Doesn't everyone get three keywords, cultural, occupational and
> magical (he asked, wandering what heated exchange he'd raked over
> again?).
>
> Mitch

Yes, they do. but some folks (eg god-talkers) may get other keywords as well. Usually, these supplementary keywords have a very small number of abilities that don't really give you a visible job (unlike priest). Some folks want to "multi-class" and get 2 or more occupations for their characters. Its usually easier to just take the more important abilities form the keyword and put them into your 100 word. Though, again, its a can of worms. Others might just say take the two keywords at 15 instead of 17.

Its really a matter of taste.

Jeff