Re: Just starting out

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 22:13:03 +1200

Mitch:

>3. Does anyone have any more info on Animism in Prax? (Why do I get
>the feeling this has been asked every ten minutes for the last year -
>if so sorry, but I did try going back through previous messages with
>little success).

A draft version of Praxian keywords was worked on for inclusion in the HW rulebook. It was dropped when it was realized that the Praxians were far too complex. It can be found at:

http://www.glorantha.com/hw/keywords_praxians.html

>Thoughts on Praxians practising integration?

They do practice integration, they just don't integrate their ancestors. The Storm Bull cult lists several spirits that can only be used while integrated (Chaos Sniffer, Rage and the Parts of the Bull). See:

http://www.glorantha.com/hw/cultshort_stormbull.html

>Normal
>Waha/Eiritha worshippers (not just Shamans) having Spirit Combat like
>Storm Bulls if so?

IMO they should. The Greatlands is a dangerous place with a lot of hostile entities. Being less dependant on the shaman will be a bonus (and I'm dissatisfied with the implication in the HW rules that the only way to become a magically powerful animist is to be a Shaman - I'm told that this will be changed).

--Peter Metcalfe