Re: Re: HQ questions

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 19:40:26 +0100 (BST)

> Just to confirm my understanding - are there also some direct routes
> from the central world of Now to the Hero Planes? and some from the
> central world to the Underworld (Hell Crack, Castle(s) of Lead)?

I ain't Greg, and I wasn't necessarily as sober as he at the time of diagram-drawing... But my recollection is no, and yes, respectively. The U/W connects directly to the I/W, but to get to any of the HPs, you have to go via (say) the God Plane. Hence the significance of the bi-location (multi-location!) of Orlanth's stead, and such places: you go there, the by exitting "correctly", you end up on the desired HP.

This is confused by the different senses over the years of the phrase "heroplane". In the sense that includes the Sky World, and the edges of the world, presumably you can still go there "directly", but equally it's a magical process to do so. (But I dunno there they fit on Greg's diagram -- maybe the extreme west edges onto the sorcery plane, but what about the sky, or the east?)