Re: Re: Qualitytable

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:51:21 -0700

I like this idea and kick myself for not having thought of it two years ago. Raiding, Bargaining, etc. make Wealth HP usage "Related" as far as HP spending goes. Everything else is simply gloss.

> > If a player says that he has raided four cows and wants to know how much
> > that increases his wealth a simple answer is "how many HP do you want to
> > spend?"
>
> And if for some bizarre reason he says "12" (or indeed any at all,
> if his wealth is anyready humungous), then you're saying the Narrator
> should simply say "fine, that seems related, go ahead"? That's
> precisely the sort of situation where knowing what a "median" wealth
> increment would be would be very useful.

Then he has raided four Really Nice cows and his wealth goes up by 4 (and two wasted HP, because to raise an ability is pyramidal, and 10AP buys +4 in an ability).

It's his HP, and if he wants to squander them in one splashy purchase, are you one to stop him?

RR