Re: Wealth

From: Pasi Vettenranta <pvettenr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 18:53:19 +0300

>Wulf Corbett wrote:
>

> > 3) Yes, the amount of increase must depend on how many HP you
> > spend.
> > (Maybe there should be a Cementation rate, as well as the existing
> > Related and Unrelated rates.)
>
> There already is, cement 1/10 the item's rating for 1 HP.

That one is broke. If cows wealth rating is 20 you are a stickpicker get 2 wealth points from one cow for 1HP. That would be ok. But if you are a king of the tribe and you get one cow? 2 wealth point is too much.

So I use this equation to calculate weath / heropoints ratings

<object wealth rating> / <player wealth rating> = wealth points per HP

Round value using normal rounding rules.

Examples:
Gained wealth rating = 20
Player wealth rating = 15
ROUND(20/15) = 1 wealth point / 1 HP

gained wealth = 10w2 = 50
player wealth = 15
ROUND(50/15) = 3 wealth points / 1 HP

gained wealth = 5
player wealth = 15
ROUND(5/15) = 0 wealth points. Item has no significant value to you. It is just like giving 100 dollars to Mr. Gates. He'll be a little bit richer but does that matter?

Here is a table which shows how this works

		Player wealth
gained 		5	10	15	5w1	5w2	15w2
1		0	0	0	0	0	0
5		1	1	0	0	0	0