Re: Re: Increasing abilities [was: Wealth]

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 21:58:05 +0100

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 20:44:46 -0000, epweissengruber_at_... wrote:

>We also now that the penalty for consorting with darkness is 2 cows
>(page 84).

>So I am docked 2 cows. If I had 3W2 Wealth, and I get a 2 cow penalty
>(not a 5 or 10 penalty), what is my Wealth

Actually, with that Wealth, probably it's still 3W2. A horse is only worth 5W, and it's worth 4 cows, so 2 would be somewhere between 1 cow at 15 and 4 at 5W - say 20. But the only way to figure that out is by using what few numbers we have. And the problem remains if you have Wealth 15.

>Suddenly I have switched from being pro narrative to seing the whole
>Wealth system as seriously broken.

The system is more than slightly cracked, but the real problem is the one you have highlighted - the lack of connection between the narrative talk of 'cows' and the game mechanics of Wealth ratings.

Wulf