Re: Hero Quest Challenge rules variants

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:17:53 -0000

10w9 - at least in 'what they do'

> So you have some clever jocko with a 10W6 in Battle Axe: Godchopper
> challenges Humakt to a duel. Doesn't Humakt have a 10W6 Truesword
> Stroke for Augmenting his Close Combat:Greatsword? Mightn't "Death"
> be a blade with an unfathomably huge Edge to it?

Yes, he'd have Kill You 10w6 and Death Magic 10w6 and all the support of his worshippers and followers. But I think there's more to it than numbers. To kill Humakt, you'd have to _be_ Humakt.

But that's getting a bit too philosohical for me. One of the darkest moments for me in gaming was when Deities and Demigods came out and my
players started doing 'pit matches' between different gods.

> > Or else, having achieved these ability levels, you'd find yourself
> > bound by the consequences of your "accidental apotheosis" in ways
> > you didn't expect, due to not having done it by a recognised, and
> > hence more predictable, route.

Oh, I am having _such_ a Forgotten Realms moment. =) That's what happened to the fellow who killed Bane, god of War.

Jeff