Re: Digest Number 23

From: Graham J Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 12:35:24 +0100 (BST)

Roderick :

>That's your perogative, of course, but in Glorantha lone heroes *can*
>stomp through masses of troops (hell, in stories from the real world they
>do, too - look at the Song of Roland or Lancelot's rescue of Guenever for
>examples).

To paraphrase Greg's answer to the question of why heroes are so hard in Dragon Pass

  1. 'Cos they're hard
  2. 'Cos they've got their mates with them

I really don't like the idea of superhard lone heroes and I don't see much indication that this is established Gloranthan fact. Sure lots of heroes AND THEIR FRIENDS can mow down armies, but the companions are an important part of this. I really want the rule system to reflect this, and I think it would be a shame if hero wars doesn't.

Roland and various others that have been quoted here are a case in point - they had their companions with them.

Graham

--
Graham Robinson.			Dept. Computing Science, Glasgow.
gjr_at_...			http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~gjr

"All pigs fed and ready to fly."