Re: Truestone

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 15:27:08 -0000

Mark wrote:
> I think that James is right, Biturian gives the CA healer a
truestone loaded with some of his more useful runemagic as opposed to accompanying her on her quest.

http://www.glorantha.com/library/world/cop-biturian.html#chalana

has the story. Biturian seems to imply that his rune magic will not return for a week (the usual period to renew magic at the next holy day in RQ).

However feats do not need to be renewed in the way that rune magic does, so it does not really seem to apply to the HW model of magic.

I suspect there are two choices, handle it similar to spell trading - the feats cnnot be used until the truestone feat is cast or we need to approach truestone magic differently under Hero Wars and decide just what truestone is in the HW world and figure its powers from that. I suspect that truestone may be something 'different' to what a straight conversion suggests. YGMV.

Ian Cooper