Re: Flaw examples please

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 12:38:52 -0800

hw-rules_at_yahoogroups.com wrote:

> Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 17:37:06 -0000
> From: "jamesjhawkins" <James.Hawkins_at_...>
> Subject: Flaw examples please
>
> Please can anybody mail in an example of a Flaw being used in play?

In the Gwandor Saga, Gudny Stormchaser is "Headless of death". This is how Death Sickness manifested in him*. This has adversely affected recruiting for his warband (I'm not joining that pyscho!) and I use it when it comes time to withdraw or be cautious (What is death to me but release from this life? I know that a seat awaits me in Orlanth's Hall, I've seen it). It is NOT used to bolster courage because it is not related to valour. He simply knows that the Otherside will be better than this one and almost longs to pass over.

In the same game, Kamor Shadowstalker, a yinkini shaman, has a very high "Hate Lunar trait". He enters a blood frenzy when he sees lunars. He would need to resist the flaw with some other ability if he wanted to treat with a lunar (he has never tried to though...). Even worse, he will eat his victims while he is in the frenzy. That doesn't do much for his social relationships (er...what social relationships...).

&#92;&#92;/