Re: RE: Just Curious

From: Mikael Raaterova <mikael.raaterova_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:38:07 +0100

>How many of you (as narrators) would allow a player to take an obviously
>non-natural ability for a starting character? For instance, would you
>allow
>a starting character to have "Fly", "Spit Fire" or "Breathe Water"?
>(assuming that these are normal humans, not Windchildren, Dragons or
>Fish

I would. And i have allowed it. In some cases, i have encouraged it.

>:-) ). Would you make these abilities "more expensive" than, say, "Run"
>or
>"Ride"? (by more expensive, would you ask for more than "Joe can Fly" in
>100-word character, or take up more than one slot in a List character).

I would demand an explanation for the character to have it. "Storm Crow taught Joe how to Fly after Joe helped the spirit escape from the Birdeater" would be a good description, and it would earn him not only the ability to fly, but also Relationship: Storm Crow and Enemy: Birdeater. Possibly i'd allow Joe the ability: escape as well.