Run, alynx, run!

From: theunspokenword <hia15_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:52:41 -0000

OK, AR is, as Wulf put it, 'out of sync'. But let's not go too far - a Shadow Cat has Sprint 15. A normal human has no specific Run Fast ability, so would be at default 6. A Heortling man has Running, but here we're into the semantics game - it's a generic 'do Running stuff' broad skill, rather than something as specific as Sprint, so I presume it would suffer an improv penalty. If we say -5, then the cat still has a 15 to 12 edge (if we assume that cultural keywords also start at 17, as I understand will be the case in HW2), a whopping 15 to 8 if it's still 13.

Of course, the versatility of the Heortling's generic skill means that if it gets into a prolonged chase, the cat's Sprint would suffer a much more extreme improv penalty to use as Long-Distance Running...

Mark

Mark Galeotti