Re: Digest Number 813

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 09:33:25 EST

In a message dated 27/01/02 14:05:23, you write:

<< I think it's quite likely that the contest mechanics alone don't correctly  represent the outcome of a contest between a skill 20 warrior and Harrek.

 Does this matter? How did the contest arise anyway?

I have no problem with a skill 20 character being able to survive an exchange with Harrek. He is only surviving a "narrator decides, critical tie" anyway. If I were Narrating, I would try (*try*, maybe not succeed) to come up with something interesting and counter-intuitive. I like the story in KoS where two Heroes fall in love with each other mid-battle and go off and leave the battle. (unlikely with Harrek but there you go)

Keith Nellist