Re: Re: Demo advice

From: Robin D. Laws <rdl_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 14:59:20 -0500

At 10:28 AM 4/26/00 -0800, Thomas McVey wrote:

>But it is heavy on the role-playing element. So I'd advise using the
>100-word description character creation system, to get the players into
>the swing of things.

To make an Uber-point, I'd advise against generating characters in any demo for any roleplaying game. Pregens are the way to go. If, at the end of a session, you have time to chat, and the game has an unusual chargen system (as HW does) it might then be useful to explain it in brief.

The goal of any demo should be to give the players a good time. Teaching the system is secondary. If they have a fun time, they'll buy the game and learn the rules at their leisure.

Take care >>> Robin