oops, I overstated the case

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:13:36 EST

me:
 The Heortling
> difference is that you are not a descendant of two clans, but always a
 member
> of one clan.

John Hughes:
<< Every Heortling is a descendent of *at least* two clans, though the ideology
 is one is considered much more important.

 50% of Heortlings are members of two clans all their married lives, though  again the ideology (though not always practice) stresses the importance of  one. >>

OK I boobed. My thinking was clouded by focusing on clan history. I was thinking there is only one clan history per clan, and that, unlike modern families, everyone shared the same idea of their clan's history.

Enough excuses already!

Keith