(no subject)

From: styopa004 <steve_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:46:46 -0000

Hi Y'all.

I think this is a valid and worthwhile discussion for this list but l think that we could all remember that what my players want, and what your players want may be entirely different things. My players may want a game where the situations are GM-presented, but diceresolved.   That is what I would call a fundamentally harderedged,  'simulation' (insofar as HW can be) system. Your players may want a system that is more about the story, and a cooperative effort at either re-enactment or generation that shouldn't rely so much on the fickle results of a dice roll. Either one is fine, as long as the GM and the players all agree on MGF. Both systems can be flexible, but most importantly, they BOTH can provide players with a fun experience.

Please, there's no reason not to be civil - it's a good discussion, and not a zero-sum thing.

The Listmeister

PS: I find it ironic and flattering that Keith says hw-rules = sorcery. I think I'm the only person I know of that LIKED the RQ3 sorcery system. :)