Re: Augments

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 17:31:56 +0000

>As the GM in the game David is referring to, I prefer 8 - for precisely the
>reasons given: it allows more creativity for player augments. Personally, I
>think that trumps any convenience a base 10 system might have - and, unlike
>David (or probably many other gamers), I am not terribly mathmatically
>inclined.

I don't see this at all. Even the very vague advanage David has mentioned (distinguishing 13 from 17) vanishes if you use rounding normally. And the inconvinience of using a number that isn't a factor of twenty in a base twenty system is large.

I'll say it again, if you switch to divide by 8 you will put off players, including some of mine. Not being good at mental arithmetic isn't uncommon, nor are dyslexic gamers.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson