Re: Augmentation [Darksense Blinding]

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_...>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 13:00:16 +0200

> >According to the Uz book, befuddling someone else's Darksense is an ability
> >that only Mistress Race have even among Uz.
> that Uzuz can "...foul the darksense of other uz by using their
> own...", and that "Some uzko are able to obtain a limited form ...
> through ritual and quests". It does NOT say that only Uzuz can
> befuddle darksense - it says they CAN do so USING THEIR OWN DARKSENSE.
> They can effectively blind another troll using only their own natural
> abilities.

I haven't seen the finished product of Uttog (ah, the Bulgarian postal service...), but that was exactly the original intent -- this is one of the uzuz *innate* hero powers. Other uz *can* learn it, but it's (relatively) rare. IMG, it'd be relatively rare, but I'm a low-powered sort.

> have (and maybe will when we continue the scenario) have used it to
> blind them. Darksense is a form of sonar. Noise can interfere, it's
> just that most non-trolls don't perceive the sounds

True, though the rarity would be dependent on your campaign. I wouldn't think it *that* common, really. Too powerful, assuming it "blinds" all uz within range. (After all, uz can only blind people one at a time!).

> spectrum. The ability "Befuddle Darksense by High-Pitched Whine"

> doesn't even strike me as unusual. Every good Vingan should learn it

Of course, any good uz learns "Ignore Whining Vingan," so.... :)