Re: Ability advancement rate

From: jeffkyer <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 16:35:38 -0000

Hmm. Perhaps you might be a stickler about the 'required in adventure' clause - no player likes to play x2 cost. And if there's no suitable magical challenge or fighting opponent, they can't advance without 2x cost.

When you're in the w3+ region, that sort of opposition might not come around every week. That would give some slowdown without imposing rules.

If you're thinking otherwise, you could always give a +1 HP surcharge per w in the skill they are buying (or per w after the first one) but I don't think I like that idea all that much.

Hope this helps!

Jeff