Re: Skill progression

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 20:47:45 +0000

>"We say "perhaps" because in most works of adventure fiction, ..<snip>....,
>you rarely see characters palpably improve over the course of their
>adventures. However, roleplaying gamers really like to increase the numbers
>on their character sheets....."

But Glorantha (maybe because of the gaming background) there are a number of examples - Arkat being perhaps the most obvious example.

>I don't have BA yet but from the
>sounds of it the mastery inflation is going to be sligthly distressing. From
>5W being a remarkable troubleshooter for the clan who gets called on to do
>stuff 'cos they're so great 5W sounds like a hopeless loser who wouldn't even
>make it into the warband. I think normal professionals should be approx 1W in
>their best skill, and that normal (or worse) people make up 905of the
>population.

There are, for all the complaints, a number of options for 5W characters in BA. Lots of it is flexible enough to be used at a variety of levels.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson