Re: Skill improvement & meaning of masteries

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:22:30 -0000

Benedict Adamson wrote:
> I think this is a serious flaw in BA. I hope subsequent publications
do not repeat it. Aside from the simulationist argument, I think it is dramatically poor, since (as I have mentioned before) the resulting leaders almost always have some ability to pull out of the bag if a PC tries a clever use of one of their secondary abilities.<

Uh we have been playing (at least when I run the game) wit this shorthand mechanic for over a year now. I just adjust use the any use of a specific ability from the keyword is at an improvisational minus technique I described in an earlier post (same as for followers). It works fine, at least you ahve never felt hard done by when being creative AFAIK. IMO there is little point in using valuable space to repeat the same skills for every character.

Ian Cooper