Re: Wyter Abilities

From: jeffkyer <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:54:58 -0000

Perhaps they have a very powerful ablity in the wyter?

> 2) One of the clan-specialty subcults of Orlanth Allfather for this
clan has the Secret of Restore Wyter. I could see this justifying a change in power either way; are wyter augments that important to PCs that I should leave the power level alone? I haven't run the game enough to really get a feel of how much this helps in a campaign game.

Odd secret - it seems more like a tribal or kingdomly sort of power. But I think that it would probably help with the wyter's recovery from exertion and perhaps allow it to augment more frequently. I think it would be an out-out-of-game function. Perhaps it allows those who know the secret to help the wyter somehow?

Wyter aguments don't happen outside the wyter's turf and often require the wyter to be present or directed (targeting difficulities with all these folks that are a part of your body.... which cell should I pump up... oops. Sorry, wrong one!)

> 3) If a wyter is stored in a weapon, should it have some sort of
weapon enchantment? Just because a weapon is also an important wyter object would not mean that it can't be enchanted as a weapon, I would think; it means that it would probably only be used in defense, but that's fine from my standpoint...

I don't think its 'stored' in a weapon - it lives there. That's its body. I think it would be enchanted and enhanced as much as the clan could afford (within reason) simply out of self preservation.

Should the wyter be destroyed, the community is also destroyed.

Jeff