Re: Re: Magical Augments - A little extreme?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 21:27:01 +1200

Nick Hughes:

> > How does a humakti manage to chop off his foe's head, break his
> > weapon and smash his shield? Since they are incompatible actions,
> > I think that only one +10 bonus would be effective from the three
> > feats, depending on what the Humakti was trying to do in the current
> > phase of the extended contest. If he wasn't trying to do any of
> > the above then he gets no bonus for the feats.

>"The Humakti contemptuously parries away his foes' blow shattering
>their scimitar in doing so. With a fanatical grin he continues the
>gleaming greatsword's swing around in a great blow that cleaves
>straight through the Lunar's shield and bites deeply into their neck
>decapitating[2] them."

>There, that's "just" a standard attack/parry combination for a single
>action.

I count three different actions myself (We aren't in BRP anymore, Dorothy). While they could be performed at roughly the same time (multiple attack penalties notwithstanding), the benefits of weapon destroyer feat still doesn't count when smashing the shield and decapitating the lunar IMO. And so forth for the other feats. I don't have a problem with one or two feats being piled on this way, I just think that allowing all active feats to count is wrong.

>Quite how anyone
>ever has the time for that many augments is another matter entirely,
>anyone damn fool enough to give the Humakti this much time for his
>augmenting ritual deserves the death they will surely receive.

The time required is only eight rounds. I'm sure many Humakti could find this amount of time to prepare before combat at least some of the time. Do their opponents still deserve death?

--Peter Metcalfe