Re: Magical Augments - A little extreme?

From: nichughes2001 <nick.hughes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:44:32 -0000

Of course I should point out that these would not IMO necessarily be the best ways to interpret some of those feats and that it (obviously) rather depends on the opponent playing along.

Cut Deep for example would make much much more sense as an augment to the edge of the weapon than to ability.

Decapitating Blow as I've already mentioned I would not allow to work this way because it seems very much like a stand-alone feat rather than something useful for augmenting anything other than a coup-de- grace. On the other hand I would allow Visage of Fear to augment on the basis that a terrified opponent is more likely to make mistakes and more inclined to surrender or flee.

Shield Destroyer and Weapon Destroyer are useless against an opponent defending themselves with magic or in fact with anything other than a weapon and shield. If the Lunar tried a Mind Blast feat then they might fare better, which only goes to show the dangers of trying to beat Humakti at what they are best at.

My point is that some combination of feats does seem feasible and that they do not necessarily need multiple actions. Perhaps this is just a matter of style but I would allow all active and relevant feats to augment, measuring relevance according to the narrative - so colourfully described actions may be at an advantage over and above "I hit him with my sword" type minimal descriptions.

--
Nic