Re: Magical augments

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 00:14:21 -0700 (PDT)

Michael Schwartz:

>>You need non-edge augments because not
>>all contests are extended.
>
>In my opinion, if the situation is not sufficiently dramatic to
warrant
>an extended contest, why encourage bean-counting? I would rather
>encourage roleplaying than the creative use of a game mechanic. If you

>must, use automatic augments only, and only for simple contests.

But simple contest should be used for the most dramatic situations as well, if that is most appropriate. The "level of drama" is not the sole criterion. In order to use an extended contest the situation must be conceivable as an ongoing process.

Nils Weinander

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax http://taxes.yahoo.com/