augmented debugging [was: Magical Augments....]

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:00:35 +0200

Hallo Benedict,

Freitag, 10:58:37, schrieb Benedict:

Benedict> Yes indeed. I've seen several assertions, in these threads about
Benedict> augmentations, that the HW augmentation rules are broken. The fact
Benedict> is, our group has been playing every week for two years using the
Benedict> augmentation rules with no problems. I can't help thinking that some
Benedict> of the complainers have simply not given the rules a chance, and
Benedict> instead are diving in change them. This seems a recurring theme on
Benedict> this list. I maintain that, despite appearances, the rules work much
Benedict> better than a newcomer (especially someone entrenched in RQ thinking)
Benedict> might think. There are some problems, of course, and I've been vocal
Benedict> in criticizing them. I strongly advise using the rules as written for
Benedict> sometime BEFORE creating house rules.

yes, but...:

I had the bad luck of not being able to play Hero Wars for almost one and a half years after its initial publication.
so I only read through them or tried them "solo". that time, augmentation sounded pretty cool to me.

when I actually started play last fall, I had to find out that the numerous rolls that are required for augmentation are too cumbersome for my tastes, and I dare to say, too cumbersome for the gaming style Hero Wars claims to support.
[ever since I tried to "house-rule" it into a single roll]

what I want to say is: the rules *work*, but IMO not very well.

although this doesn't really add anything to the recent discussion, this and the complaints of several list members could lead to a revision of rules that many don't feel comfortable with [for various reasons]

--
Countdown Cerebus---lost track :(

 Stefan
 Freitag, 11:31:16

.||| mailto: stefan.drawert_at_...
.||| visit: www.clubintakt.de
.||| 06:04:2002 -- Elin wird 2! & club in:Kamp - party