Re: augmented debugging [was: Magical Augments....]

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:28:50 +0200

Charles suggested:

charlescorrigan> A house rule that we have recently adopted is to allow augments
charlescorrigan> without rolls of 1 per 10 ability rating (fractions are truncated,
charlescorrigan> not rounded).� Player characters may choose to use this option or to
charlescorrigan> roll in the hope of a better result.� Followers and allies must use
charlescorrigan> this option when augmenting.

charlescorrigan> This house rule has greatly speeded up two episodes and, I think, charlescorrigan> made it more enjoyable for all participants.

hmm, kind of this using multiples of 8 or 10 as base for "fixed" augments have been proposed on this list earlier and are suggested in BA, too.
while I agree that this works and speeds up play, it is boring. at least not as entertaining as the original rule with all that possibilites of failure, good/bad luck etc.

[I dream of some mechanic that makes AP-lending like having one player announce "I help with with my strength", rolling a die over the table to the target player and when the die stops, the resulting number is all you need]

[the super hero rpg "Godlike" is a good example how exiting dice rolling can be, and the bonus die in "Over The Edge" works well, too]

unfortunately I don't know a better way to handle this...

--

 Stefan
 Freitag, 12:54:08

.||| mailto: stefan.drawert_at_...
.||| visit: www.clubintakt.de
.||| 06:04:2002 -- Elin wird 2! & club in:Kamp - party