Re: David & Rodrick's Augment battle (Was: Re: Magical Augments - A little extreme?)

From: Graham Spearing <graham_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 18:22:58 +0100

Larry wrote:

>>I most especially appreciate the fact that you just
>>managed to scare off the 2 new people that I tried to introduce to
>>this group yesterday. They WERE intrested in HW and wanted a place
>>to look for answers.

I too am sorry, though not suprised, to hear that the current storm has swept away a couple of new people to HW. I myself have Understand HW 16, but am trying to hold steady among the many masteries on display in this list. I have rolled a few natural criticals so my APs are still healthy :-).

I believe that most of the debate rests with the fact that HW1 is unclear in some instances, hopefully HQ will help, even with using multiple affinities for augmenting.

Personally, I plan to use HW rules for a number of non-gloranthan settings, as well as good old Pavis, because I just think they are really funky. I like what HW leaves out. Many of the debates on HW rule ambiguities are, ultimately, unimportant to me as I have got the basics of how it works and that will do for me. I stick around because I pick up tips on how others use the rules, and the sheer joy of watching people argue so passionately about such an esoteric subject. But hey, HW is important.

I hope you stick around, we could even go tag on some of the more lengthy debates. :-)

If your friends want to e-mail me with questions I'm sure I can help.

Must do some more on my HW Middle Earth notes...

Graham