Re: HP bumps.

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 15:36:23 -0700

Benedict

> Also, Vinga is the Thunder Brother who can do anything at a pinch,
> but not particularly well, and implicitly only when things are
> desperate. I think a stock of HPs models that rather well.

In the myth I adapted which was then re-adapted for Storm Tribe, Vinga is the Thunder Brother who is very good at everything, but not the very best at anything.

As Narrator, I'd be unhappy if a player had 16 HP stocked up. Sure, I gave them out, but I don't really want any player to have the power to have the session go exactly the way they want. (As I said earlier, this situation has never come up in our games.)

I'm not saying that you abuse it, and if you were in my game I might have to change my tune. Keeping more than about 7 troubles me, however, since it can be enough to bump every roll in a session.

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>