Re: Archery

From: nichughes2001 <nick.hughes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 10:48:18 -0000

> If the target doesn't really have a chance to resist, I'd make the
> archer throw against a default 14. He/she can miss without the
target
> doing anything.

I believe a simple roll is all that would be required here, if the target is not resisting then there is no resistance.

To quote the FAQ
Q: So, what happens if you don't defend? A straight 14 resistance by the lucky attacker?
A: Let the lucky attacker roll an Ability test (with no AP loss if he fails). If he succeeds, then the defender is driven to whatever level of defeat is indicated by the die roll.

> If the target is standing still on open ground, I'd only allow a
defence
> of 6.

Why is a comptetent archer /ever/ missing such a target? The coup de grace rules might be appropriate for this situation.

> Oh, and if the target is running, "run fast" is a good thing to
resist
> the archer with.

Yes, with suitable improvisation penalty as its not really a proper dodge arrows ability.

--
Nic