Re: Extended Contest Carryover

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 08:14:30 EDT

In a message dated 18/05/02 10:36:59 GMT Daylight Time, hw-rules_at_yahoogroups.com writes:

<< Has anybody out there run a mechanic where AP forfeits (or bids or  whatever) were accumulated over the course of the extended contest,  then used afterwards?

I ran a trip into an overgrown marsh as an extended contest against three opponents; geography (because it was easy to get lost) , morocanth magic (because their shamans had set up defensive spells), terrain (because the quicksands, thorny briars and rough ground were also a challenge). The heroes needed to defeat all three to get to there objective, some captives in a morocanth slave camp. I think I used the result of the victory to give bonuses in the following combat, but cannot remember the exact details.

Keith