Re: Heroquest question

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 19:23:11 -0700

> Assuming "summer" ends in August (unlike the ever-optimistic Irish),
> the web site is promising it in three months, and you're not at all
> certain we'll get it in seven. Though frankly, I know the feeling... :/

I am explicitly *NOT* talking for Greg or Issaries, Inc. here, just for my feeling as to the biz, having worked in it. Plus, I am a pessimist when it comes to deadlines. For Greg to bring it out in 3 months would (imo) require a miracle. 7 Months, that's more reasonable.

Around here, "Summer" ends sometime in December, then we get rain (some people call that "Winter" I hear), and maybe some snow (Okay, that really *is* Winter), then a few months of warmish temperatures when the grass is green and the flowers bloom ("Spring" so they say) and then back to Summer in about mid-May. This year, Summer started about two weeks ago.

> Also depends where the effort is going, mind you. If all this care
> and attention is going in to the misapplied worship rules, I'd really
> rather not wait. ;-)

Greg spilled some of the beans at Tentacles so I hope I'm not spoiling things....

Misapplied Worship is just 2x Hero Points cost to raise your magic. That's the entire ruleset for MW. There's a bit more explanation about "what is MW", but it comes down to about two small paragraphs.

If you don't like Extended Contests and AP then I'm sorry, the rules won't change enough to suit you.

I'm actually going to bow out of this discussion until I chat with Greg, just to make sure I don't overstep the bounds of what he wants known (I *do* have an NDA with Issaries, Inc.). Perhaps someone who was at Tentacles (other than me) can fill in some of the changes we talked about? I'll see if I can coax Greg to release more info (either through me, or himself).

RR