Edges

From: doctorpeace <petermnordstrand_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 10:56:23 -0000

Roger McCarthy (on rules changes in HeroQuest):

> EDGES
> These will be dropped other than as an option (given that they are
> included in already published HW books) - instead weapons and
> armour will simply give characters extra AP's (i.e. will work as if
> they were spirits).

Woha! This is a great idea. In my experience, edges is where new players start getting that Syntax Error look. Not to mention the fact that this will speed up Extended Contests significantly.

Does anyone have an idea on how much AP-bonus should be awarded to different kinds of weapons?

Should a weapon with ^3 in the current rules give +3 AP? Personally I think that +15 AP seems more appropriate (i.e. edge * 5).

Comments, anyone?

Best regards,

/Peter Nordstrand