Re: RE: Heroquest question

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 17:37:00 +0100 (BST)

Wulf:

> Huh? Not able to integrate into THEMSELVES (which would presumably
> require an exception for Hsunchen, and make Talents, as currently
> used, impossible), or AT ALL (which would mean only Shamans get
> reusable spirits AT ALL)?

Perhaps they can still "bind" spirits, but this is not longer referred to as "integration", which frankly always struck me as confusing, if not to say out and out wrong.

> Will it? What it means is, if you take weapons & armour into account,
> you will have MORE AP, which will tke LONGER to wear down unless you
> bid higher (which you could do without this change anyway). What it
> does NOT do is to reduce AP faster (which Edges DID).

But having an edge is (statistically speaking) an incentive to bid low; having an AP advantage is an incentive to bid high. (And if the players don't care about the statistics, they should bid as high as the drama of the situation demands, and therefore bid high if they want to "move things along".)

Cheers,
Alex.