Re: Common magic.

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 14:02:10 -0700

> > It is a magic unique to each individual, regardless of race, creed,
color,
> > sex... It "comes from" the Inner world, not any of the
God/Spirit/Sorcery
> > planes. It's not something you learn, it's a part of you just like your
hair
> > color or fingerprint. It's just "what you do". On the other hand, it is
> > relatively weak - "Common Magic" is basically a keyword, and can't be
raised
> > with HP.
>
> Ah! Isn't this then effectively the same as you'd do in your "stand-alone
> feats from your 100 words" at present, then? (Though game world
> clarification of the "status" is very welcome, whether or not it changes
> anything mechanically or not.)

We're probably at the edge of Greg telling me "Stop that, you're breaking NDA", so this will be the last I say about Common Magic:

Stuff from your "100 words" (even magical feats/affinities/whatever) can be raised with HP and (subject to narrator approval) an affinity from your 100 words might even be Devotee-style (hey, you can always try...). Common Magic is less useful - can't be raised, can't really be changed (except to drop it), lesser functioning magic, etc.

RR