Re: Common magic.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 23:12:19 +0100 (BST)

R'm'R:
> We're probably at the edge of Greg telling me "Stop that, you're breaking
> NDA", so this will be the last I say about Common Magic:

Fair enough. I issue an "open call" to all those that made it to Tentacles to meticulously document what Greg divulged while weißbier'd up, though!

> Stuff from your "100 words" (even magical feats/affinities/whatever) can be
> raised with HP and (subject to narrator approval) an affinity from your 100
> words might even be Devotee-style (hey, you can always try...). Common Magic
> is less useful - can't be raised, can't really be changed (except to drop
> it), lesser functioning magic, etc.

Yeah, I thought you were saying that, too. What I meant was in essence that it doesn't do anything you _can't_ do in your "100 words" with existing mechanics. I'm assuming for the moment its advantages lie in areas like "it's real cheap". <g>

Cheers,
Alex.