Re: Re: Sense Runic Power

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu Sep 16 11:42:17 2010

> > > I'd say that a Detect Runic Association would be able to detect a
> Trickster
> > > of a Trickster shrine as being of Illusion Rune Power.
> >
> > I'd have thought this was very difficult to do, when the magic isn't
> > "active".
>
> When is a shrine innactive?

Point was about the Trickster himself, wasn't it. (Or was "of" a typo for "or" in Greg's msg?)

> > I do still think that "illusionness" is in principle detectable,
> though;
> > the "timer" as someone else put it, or whatever else distinguishes
> it
> > from a "permanent" object or creature (in the non-mystical sense!).
>
> I suppose that since 'real' cows aren't permanent either (they grow
> old, get eaten, etc), you'd have to define what kind of permanency
> you were detecting for.

One that's appropriate for the religion and culture that originates the magic. I don't think that Heortling Lhankor Mhy guys regard 'real' cows as "illusiary' or 'temporary'. (But yes, that was the reason for the scare-quotes, and the parenthetic qualifier.)

Cheers,
Alex.