Re: Re: Sense Runic Power

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 10:00:11 -0700

> > Or if there's enough duration on the
> > illusion do you get calves, half of which disappear when the spell
> > duration ends? And in this case, which half?
>
> Who says there's a duration limit on the illusion? Any more than there is
> on, say, the results of a healing spell?

I think that's one difference between Change or Creation and Illusion magic - Illusions fade (or go pop, or disappear when you're not looking, or turn back into what they were transformed from, or open a transdimensional rift and flit through...), while Changed or Created items stick around forever (where "forever" includes the results of natural aging, deliberate destruction, etc.) A Person would be healed by "Illusion of Healing", until the the duration expired (and, being the mean type that I am, I'd probably rule that the wound was kept "in stasis" while the illusion was up, so when it goes away, the wound is as fresh as when the illusion was placed on it - it doesn't heal naturally in the meantime).

RR