Re:Re: Re: Sense Runic Power

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 05:05:57 EDT

RR:
<< I think that's one difference between Change or Creation and Illusion  magic - Illusions fade (or go pop, or disappear when you're not looking, or  turn back into what they were transformed from, or open a transdimensional  rift and flit through...), while Changed or Created items stick around  forever (where "forever" includes the results of natural aging, deliberate  destruction, etc.)>>

I am not disagreeing with this but find it interesting that you are argueing for Change magic to result in a permanent alteration of the world to a new staus quo, or "stasis" quo while illusion magic is temporary. One could almost argue that illusions do not change, get older etc. after creation until they disappear.

<< A Person would be healed by "Illusion of Healing", until  the the duration expired (and, being the mean type that I am, I'd probably  rule that the wound was kept "in stasis" while the illusion was up, so when  it goes away, the wound is as fresh as when the illusion was placed on it -  it doesn't heal naturally in the meantime).

Isn't this a Feat of the Black Sun, a cult that, apart form Eurmal and Donandar, is the only other published source that has illusion magic. Donandar reminds me that we could consider how the Illusionry Army of Dragon Pass work within the framework of HW illusion (maybe even Hyena from NG as well)

Keith