Combat abilities question

From: atomikdog2001 <atomikdog2001_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 12:53:29 -0000

A player pointed out to me that in the example characters on the Glorantha website all their combat abilities are of the same skill level. If the character has Close Combat of 5W all of their other combat abilities are also 5W. I was up until this point of the impression that each of these was a sepereate ability. A Close Combat ability of 5W just meant you were well versed in HTH combat but that you suffred penalties when using any specific weapon or style. So you then specified styles or weapons that that would not suffer penalties, but that these were seperate abilities that did not share the Close Combat abilitiy raiting and had ratings of their own. So does this mean that all the Combat related abilities listed under Close Combat share the 5W rank and only wepons and styles not listed suffer the penalty?